7. Timer function
(1) Timer ON: When the unit is off, timer ON can be set. Setting range is 0.5~24h. When timer ON time is reached, the system will operate according to the set mode.
(2) Timer OFF: When the unit is off, timer OFF can be set. Setting range is 0.5~24h. When timer
OFF time is reached, the system will stop operation.
(3) Timer setting: Press "timer " to set timer function and "timer" icon will be on. The time can be adjusted by pressing " " or "V" buttons.
The range of timer setting is from 0.5h to 24h.
5 seconds after timer setting, the timer function will be activated and "timer" icon will be on.
(4) Timer preview: When timer function has been set, press "timer" to preview the remaining time of timer.
(5) If timer function has been set, turning the unit or power on/off failure will cancel timer setting. control panel guard on page 17
Table 5STATUS LED Indicator Definitions
Indoor air temp sensor open/short
Indoor coil sensor open or short
Outdoor coil sensor open/short
Freeze Guard protection
Indoor coil freeze protection
Outdoor coil high temp protection
Defrost (heat pump type)
Indoor coil high temp protection
Thermostat wiring error
8-segment display F1, with STATUS light flash 1 times and off 3 sec, repeat
8-segment display F2, with STATUS light flash 2 times and off 3 sec, repeat
8-segment display F4, with STATUS light flash 3 times and off 3 sec, repeat
8-segment display FP
STATUS light flash 5 times and off 3 sec, repeat
STATUS light flash 6 times and off 3 sec, repeat
STATUS light flash 7 times and off 3 sec, repeat
STATUS light flash 8 times and off 3 sec, repeat
STATUS light flash 9 times and off 3 sec, repeat
NOTE: When status light is flashing, it will be ON for 1 seconds and OFF for another
Coil on outdoor side of unit should be checked annually. Unit will need to be removed from its sleeve to inspect dirt build-up that can occur inside of the coil. If clogged with dirt or soot, coil should be professionally cleaned.
Under extreme conditions, more frequent cleanings may be required.
Clean the coils and basepan with a soft brush and compressed air or vacuum. A pressure washer may also be used, but be aware that the aluminium fins must not be bent. Use a gental up and down motion in the direction of the vertical aluminium fins when pressure washing coils.
Product failure due to improper care or lack of maintenance is not covered by warranty
Product failure due to improper care or lack of maintenance is not covered by warranty days (or sooner depending on application).
(Best to use compressed air.)
Compressor is not running.
There is a protective time delay (approx.3 minutes) on starting the compressor after a power outage (or restarting after it has been turned off), to prevent tripping of the compressor overload.
DANGER! Avoid Serious Injury or Death
1. Do not attempt to install air conditioner by yourself.
2. This air conditioner contains no user-serviceable parts. Always call an authorized
Electrolux servicer for repairs.
3. When moving the air conditioner, always call an authorized Electrolux servicer for disconnection and re-installation.
4. Do not insert or place fingers or objects into the air discharge area in the unit.
5. Do not start or stop the air conditioner by unplugging the power cord or turning off the power at the electrical box.
6. Do not cut or damage the power cord.
7. If the power cord is damaged it should only be replaced by an authorized
8. In the event of a malfunction (sparks, burning smell, etc.) immediately stop the operation, disconnect the power cord, and call an authorized Electrolux servicer.
9. Do not operate the air conditioners with wet hands.
10. Do not pull on the power cord.
11. Do not drink any water that is drained from the air conditioners.
CAUTION! Avoid Injury or damage to the unit or other property
1. Provide occasional ventilation during use. Do not direct airflow at fireplaces or other heat related sources as this could cause flare ups or make units run excessively.
2. Do not place containers containing water on unit.
3. Turn off the air conditioner at the power source when it will not be used for an extended period of time.
4. Periodically check the condition of the units installation base for any damage.
5. Do not apply heavy pressure to the radiator fins of the units.
6. Operate the unit with air filters in place.
7. Do not block or cover the intake grille, discharge area and outlet ports.
8. Ensure that any electrical/electronic equipment is one yard away from the unit.
9. Do not use or store flammable gases near the unit.
1. Carefully read the installation section of this manual before beginning.
2. Follow each step as shown.
3. Observe all local, state, and national electrical codes and by qualified, licensed, authorized personnel only.
4. Pay attention to danger and safety notices.
2010 Electrolux Home Products, Inc.
All rights reserved.
MAJOR APPLIANCE LIMITED WARRANTY
Your appliance is covered by a limited two-year