GE Profile™ Countertop Microwave Oven JE1860WB user guide

Full one year product; limited ten year magnetron warranty.
? Spontaneous boilingUnder certain special circumstances, liquids may start to boil during or shortly after removal from the microwave oven. To prevent burns from splashing liquid, we recommend the following: before removing the container from the oven, allow the container to stand in the oven for 30 to 40 seconds after the oven has shut off. Do not boil liquids in narrow-necked containers such as soft drink bottles, wine flasks and especially narrow-necked coffee cups.

Even if the container is opened, excessive steam can build up and cause it to burst or overflow.

Safety Information

? SUPERHEATED WATER

Safety Information

IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION.

READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING.

MICROWAVE-SAFE COOKWARE

Operating Instructions

Make sure all cookware used in your microwave oven is suitable for microwaving. Most glass casseroles, cooking dishes, measuring cups, custard cups, pottery or china dinnerware which does not have metallic trim or glaze with a metallic sheen can be used. Some cookware is labeled suitable for microwaving.

Troubleshooting Tips

? If you are not sure if a dish is microwave-safe, use this test:

Place in the oven both the dish you are testing and a glass measuring cup filled with 1 cup of waterset the measuring cup either in or next to the dish. Microwave

1 minute at high. If the dish heats, it should not be used for microwaving.

If the dish remains cool and only the water in the cup heats, then the dish is microwave-safe.

Customer Service

? If you use a meat thermometer while cooking, make sure it is safe for use in microwave ovens.

? Do not use recycled paper products. Recycled paper towels, napkins and waxed paper can contain metal flecks which may cause arcing or ignite. Paper products containing nylon or nylon filaments should be avoided, as they may also ignite.

? Some styrofoam trays (like those that meat is packaged on) have a thin strip of metal embedded in the bottom.

When microwaved, the metal can burn the floor of the oven or ignite a paper towel.

? Do not use the microwave to

dry newspapers.

? Not all plastic wrap is suitable for use in microwave ovens.

Check the package for proper use.

? Paper towels, waxed paper and plastic wrap can be used to cover dishes in order to retain moisture and prevent spattering. Be sure to vent plastic wrap so steam can

? Cookware may become hot because of heat transferred from the heated food. Pot holders may be needed to handle the cookware.

? Plastic cookwarePlastic cookware designed for microwave cooking is very useful, but should be used carefully. Even microwavesafe plastic may not be as tolerant of overcooking conditions as are glass or ceramic materials and may soften or char if subjected to short periods of overcooking. In longer exposures to overcooking, the food and cookware could ignite.

Operating Instructions

Follow these guidelines:

Use microwave-safe plastics only and use them in strict compliance with the cookware manufacturers recommendations.

Troubleshooting Tips

? Use foil only as directed in this guide. TV dinners may be microwaved in foil trays less than 3/4? high; remove the top foil cover and return the tray to the box. When using foil in the microwave oven, keep the foil at least

1 inch away from the sides of the oven.

Safety Information

? Boilable cooking pouches and tightly closed plastic bags should be slit, pierced or vented as directed by package. If they are not, plastic could burst during or immediately after cooking, possibly resulting in injury.

Also, plastic storage containers should be at least partially uncovered because they form a tight seal. When cooking with containers tightly covered with plastic wrap, remove covering carefully and direct steam away from hands and face.

Do not microwave empty containers.

Do not permit children to use plastic cookware without complete supervision.

Customer Service

Safety Information

IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION.

READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING.

Improper use of the grounding plug can result in a risk of electric shock.

GROUNDING INSTRUCTIONS

Operating Instructions

This appliance must be grounded. In the event of an electrical short circuit, grounding reduces the risk of electric shock by providing an escape wire for the electric current.

This appliance is equipped with a power cord having a grounding wire with a grounding plug. The plug must be plugged into an outlet that is properly installed and grounded.

Consult a qualified electrician or service technician if the grounding instructions are not completely understood, or if doubt exists as to whether the appliance is properly grounded.

Troubleshooting Tips

If the outlet is a standard 2-prong wall outlet, it is your personal responsibility and obligation to have it replaced with a properly grounded 3-prong wall outlet.

Do not under any circumstances cut or remove the third (ground) prong from the power cord.

We do not recommend using an extension cord with this appliance.

If the power cord is too short, have a qualified electrician or service technician install an outlet near the appliance. (See WARNING

EXTENSION CORDS section.)

Customer Service

For best operation, plug this appliance into its own electrical outlet to prevent flickering of lights, blowing of fuse or tripping of circuit

Safety Information

ADAPTER PLUGS

Usage situations where appliances power cord will be disconnected infrequently.

(Adapter plugs not permitted in Canada)

Operating Instructions

Because of potential safety hazards under certain conditions, we strongly recommend against the use of an adapter plug. However, if you still elect to use an adapter, where local codes permit, a

TEMPORARY CONNECTION may be made to a properly grounded